- Mireille Roddier
- she, her, hers
- +1 510 495 5251
- URL at academic institution
- Social Media
- Teaching or research post
- Associate Professor of Architecture and of Women's and Gender Studies
- I'm interested in vernaculars, energetic cycles, gendered spaces, degrowth, and the cultures of maintenance and care.
- Details of work
- Needs much update, but : https://umich.academia.edu/mireio
- Needs much update, but: https://taubmancollege.umich.edu/faculty/directory/mireille-roddier
- Research Area
- architecture, representation, vernaculars, tectonics, genius loci, formal linguistics and visual literacy, shadows, insurrections.
- Period(s) and/or Region(s) of interest
- Secular cycles
Women's and Gender Studies
- Influenced by
- bell hooks' quilts, Walter Benjamin's constellations, Carolyn Merchant's thermodynamic cycles.
- Associated Institution
- University of Michigan
- Course(s) offered
- Selected publications
- Lavoirs: Washhouses of Rural France
- Princeton Architectural Press
- International Standard Book Number(s) (ISBN) of publication(s)
- Home City or Region
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Item sets
This item was submitted on March 28, 2023 by [anonymous user] using the form “Application Form for Academics” on the site “Visible Mending”: https://visiblemending.org/s/worldClick here to view the collected data.